Last Update: March 17, 2019
About Our Service
Senior Travel Buddies is an online service that connects members with potential travel companions. Users must be members to benefit from the services that we provide. Senior Travel Buddies is designed to connect people 50 years of age and over, and is as much about social connections as it is about anything else. Members complete a profile which is open to other members. In it they share their personal travel preferences in order to facilitate a properly matched travel companion.
What These Terms Cover
Services to you are founded upon these terms and conditions. Services are provided through the Senior Travel Buddies website only and through applications which may be available for download to run on a smart phone, tablet, or other similar device. We are not a party to any agreements entered into between members for travel arrangements, accommodation rental, travel insurance, or any other meeting or service arranged outside of our website, and we have no control over the conduct of members and their use of the site and app or in their travels.
Why You Should Read Them
Please read these terms carefully before completing the membership process. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem, and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
Other Terms Apply
Information about Us and How to Contact Us
Who we are
We are Senior Travel Buddies, a company registered in Israel.
How to contact us
You can contact Senior Travel Buddies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we may contact you
If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing an email to you at the email address you provide to us in your registration.
Our Contract with You
Your Senior Travel Buddies account
You will be asked to provide a username and password so that only you can access your account. This information must be used only by you.
Senior Travel Buddies uses a highly secure, user-friendly payment system. This system facilitates payment using members’ bank or credit card details, none of which is stored on our website. To maintain safety, only your first name and picture will ever identify you on the website. Once you’ve connected with a potential travel companion, you are free to share your email address and phone number or other contact information, if you want. It’s up to you. We currently store member details on the Amazon cloud. This storage complies with safe harbor regulations. All documents are encoded, and only accessible with private tokens which are dynamically generated, meaning that access to your information is not traceable.
Your status as a member
If you choose to register as a member, your relationship with us is limited to being a member and not an employee, partner, or agent of Senior Travel Buddies. You do not act on behalf of us and we have no right to control your listing or any other information that you provide. You agree not to create the impression that you act on behalf of or are endorsed by Senior Travel Buddies.
How we will accept your application
Upon acceptance of your membership we will email you, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
If we cannot or choose not to accept your application for membership
If you do not meet our membership criteria, do not provide the required information, or if we are unable to accept your application for any reason, we will inform you of this in writing (email) and will not charge you for membership. This might be because you do not meet the criteria, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements, or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the service. In any event we have sole discretion to accept any application for membership and may decline your application without giving a reason.
How It Works
How to join
Senior Travel Buddies is open to members who meet the eligibility criteria and who pay the membership fee. To apply to become a member you must fill out some personal information online and provide us with the information we need to verify if you are eligible to be a member. Once your membership is approved and you pay the membership fee you will become a member of the Senior Travel Buddies community.
How to view listings
On our site you can list trips that you want to go on and/or view those listings made by other members. You may browse limited information about listings as a nonmember, but in order to view a full listing and host profiles and to contact the listing member, you must be registered as a member.
How to post a trip
When you are a ready to find a travel companion to join you on a trip, you may create a listing using our service. To do this you will be asked to provide certain information including the desired location, dates, gender of companion you want to travel with, and more.
Booking a Trip with a Travel Buddy
Senior Travel Buddies sole role is to connect potential travel companions. You are responsible for connecting with the member with whom you’d like to take a trip. All arrangements and responsibilities for meetings, trips, and any sort of contact are incumbent upon the members. Senior Travel Buddies assumes and bears no liability for the success, the costs, or the behavior of any member on any trip.
If either member decides to cancel a trip, it is incumbent on that member to inform the travel companion of his/her cancellation. All costs associated with a cancellation are the responsibility of the member and are not the responsibility of Senior Travel Buddies.
Changes to the Service
More significant changes to the service and these terms
The following changes to the terms or the service may be made. If we do so we will notify you via email and you may then contact us to end the contract, if you so desire, before the changes take effect:
- Changes to the price of the annual subscription fee
- Changes to the service to reflect relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- Implementation of minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes are intended to enhance the service, and will not adversely affect your use of the website.
Providing the Service
We will provide the service to you until either your subscription expires (if applicable) or you end the contract, or we end the contract by written notice to you.
We are not responsible for delays outside our control
If the service is delayed by an event beyond our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received. Please note that this clause only applies to our service and does not apply to any agreement entered into between members since we are not a party to such agreements.
What will happen if you do not give required information to us?
We need certain information from you so that we can provide our services to you, such as your name and contact information. We will contact you in writing or through our system to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either terminate the membership application or contract or may charge an additional fee to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for providing services late or not supplying any part of it if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Suspension of the service
We have the right to suspend the supply of the service to:
- Take care of technical problems or make minor technical changes
- Update the service to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- Make changes and/or improvements to the service notified by us to you
Your rights if we suspend the supply of the service.
We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the service, unless the problem is urgent, an emergency, or a system update. You may contact us to end your membership if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than six months.
Ending your contract with us
Your rights when you end the contract will depend on how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought (i.e., membership of Senior Travel Buddies) is misleading, you may have a legal right to terminate the contract (and to get some or all of your money back)
- If you want to end the contract because of something Senior Travel Buddies has done or has told you we are going to do
- If you have just changed your mind about being a member, you may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions
In all other cases, if Senior Travel Buddies is not at fault, there is no right to change your mind and no refund will be provided to you.
Terminating the contract because of something Senior Travel Buddies has done or is going to do
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out below, the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for the remaining term of your membership. The reasons are:
- We have told you about an upcoming change to the service or these terms to which you do not agree
- We have told you about an error in the price or description of the service and you do not wish to proceed
- There is a risk that supply of the service may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control
- We have suspended supply of the services for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than six months
- You have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong
Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Rights Directive)
For most services bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Rights Directive, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- You have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we approve your membership.
- Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed but you will not receive a refund of your membership fee or any other fees payed to us.
How to Terminate Your Contract with Us (Including If You Have Changed Your Mind)
- Termination To end your membership contract with us, please notify us in one of the following ways:
- Email. Email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order, your phone number, and email address.
- Online. Complete the www.seniortravelbuddies.com/cancellation-form/ on our website.
- Refund If you are due a refund, we will refund you by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds If you are exercising your right to change your mind, we may deduct from your refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be a percentage of the service you have received compared to the full coverage of the contract.
- When you will receive your refund? Refunds will be made as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind, then your refund will be made within 14 days of your informing us that you have changed your mind.
Senior Travel Buddies’ Right to End the Contract
We may end the contract for a service at any time by writing (email) to you if you:
- Do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due.
- Do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the service, such as profile information or payment details.
- Engage in inappropriate or offensive activity on the website.
- Engage in offensive or inappropriate behavior in relation to another member.
- Fail to carry out what may be reasonably expected of another member, such as canceling on a member in an untimely manner.
If There Is a Problem with the Service
If you have any questions or complaints about the service, please contact us. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your legal rights
We are obliged to supply services that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Price and Payment
We charge a monthly or annual membership fee to members and you agree that the fee will be charged from the payment method you supply to us. We accept most major credit cards, including Visa and MasterCard, as well as PayPal. You must always pay your membership fee in advance of using our services.
Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage Suffered By You
Members are responsible for their own acts and omissions. We are not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any member or their property as a result of other members’ behavior. Our liability If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen. Liability under the law This includes liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services. Our business loss liability We only supply services for private use. If you use our services for any commercial, business, or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
- We will use the personal information you provide to us only:
- To supply the service to you
- To process your payment for the services
- If you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar services that we provide (if any). You may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- Where we extend credit to you for the services we may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
Other Important Terms
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organization. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract. Membership is personal to you and may not be transferred to any other person. Similarly, you agree that when you make trip plans with another member that you will not transfer those plans to another person without the other member’s permission.
This contract is between you and Senior Travel Buddies. No other person or agency shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining items will remain in full force and effect. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not pursue you for payment, but we continue to provide the services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date. If you reside in the European Union you may be entitled to bring proceedings in the Member State in which you reside.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you reside in the European Union and are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact an alternative dispute resolution provider. Such provider will generally not charge you for making a complaint, and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. In addition, please note that if you reside in the European Union disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Details of alternative dispute providers in each member country are also available on that site.
Membership Email Cancellation Form
(Complete and return this form via email only if you wish to terminate your contract) To: Senior Travel Buddies Email: email@example.com I [*enter your username] hereby give notice that I [*enter your full name] cancel my contract for membership in Senior Travel Buddies. Date: [*] Delete as appropriate