- Click Home to display your recent activity, such as pictures you’ve added, starting with the latest.
- Click Members to see a list of all members. The list can be filtered:
- Blocked displays a list of those members you have blocked.
- Search box lets you enter a person’s name to find that person.
- Sort lets you arrange member’s names alphabetically, by those recently online, and by latest members (most recently joined).
- Following lets you sort by all members, members I follow, or by members I don’t follow.
- Avatars lets you choose to see only members who include a photograph.
- Morning/Night Person lets you select either morning persons or night persons (do not choose an option to not use this criterion).
- Click to toggle the search criteria boxes on and off. Also use it once you’ve created your member list to display the following options for a member:
- Block user lets you keep a member from contacting you.
- Report user lets you report a user for inappropriate behavior to Senior Travel Buddies.
- Click Your Travel Buddy Matches to have Senior Travel Buddies generate a list of those members whose profile selections best match yours. The matches will list best match first.
- Click Your name to return to your profile after viewing the profiles of others.
- Click to display shortcuts to Stream, About, Friends, Photos, Preferences, and to Logout.
- Click to list friend requests you’ve sent.
- Click to list any notifications that have been sent to you. You can choose to:
- Mark all as read
- Show unread only
- Click to select a new background. You can choose any photo you have on your computer.
- Takes you to your About page where you can update your personal information.
- Click to share this page in many social media platforms such as Facebook.
- Click to like whichever profile you are currently viewing.
- Click to see how many times your profile (or whatever profile you are currently viewing) has been viewed.
- Your Name and Photo (Avatar) In the bottom left of the background photo you will see your name next to an “avatar” (a graphical or photographic representative of yourself). To change your avatar:
- Point the cursor at the avatar and a camera image appears over the avatar.
- Click on the camera and the Change Avatar box opens. You can upload a photo that exists on your computer, remove the current photo, or crop the image.
- When you finish, click Done.
Type your current status and view the posts of other members. The format is similar to Facebook where you will see your posts in chronological order, starting with the most recent. You can select who is able to post to your stream: site members, members you’ve friended, or just you. The setting is in Preferences, Who can post on my profile.
The choices you make and information you provide are used to create your member profile page. Be as honest as you can. It’ll help ensure that the travel buddy you’re matched with is appropriate for you. All fields can be edited later, so don’t worry that the information you enter is final. For example, you can add to the Places I want to visit fields. It’s especially important that you write your Personal Statement. That’s where you can let potential travel buddies know who you are, what you like, and what makes you tick.
As noted on the page, your phone, email, and address are for site use only and are shared only by individuals with other individuals, never posted on the Senior Travel Buddies website.
The default display settings can be set on the Preferences tab (see below). Settings range from public to exclusive to you.
- Public lets anyone viewing the site see the information you enter in this particular field.
- Site Members restricts viewing the information you enter in this particular field to members of the Senior Travel Buddies website.
- Friends Only restricts viewing the information you enter in this particular field to friends you’ve made on the Senior Travel Buddies website.
- Only Me restricts viewing your information to yourself. No one else will view the information you enter in this particular field.
Click Edit to make changes to the information you enter in any field.
Indicate how you would like Senior Travel Buddies to deal with your information:
Allow others to “like” my profile
Just like in social media platforms, you can gather likes.
Who can see my profile
The choice is yours:
- Public allows anyone on the site to view your profile.
- Site Members restricts viewing your profile to Senior Travel Buddies members.
Who can post on my profile
Your choices include:
- Site Members allows anyone who is a member to post to your profile.
- Friends Only allows those members who have friended you or whom you have friended.
- Only Me restricts posting to your profile exclusively to you.
Don’t show my online status
Select this option to “hide” your presence.
My time zone
Indicate the time zone in which you live. The setting is done by UTC time zones. For example, the west coast of California is in the -8 UTC time zone, while England is the UTC (Greenwich Mean Time) time zone. You can check the following website to determine your UTC time zone: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/
Indicate when and how you would like Senior Travel Buddies to notify you about the actions of others related to your personal information, such as your profile, photos, and friends. You can set overall preferences and/or set individual preferences.
Overall preferences include:
- Disable all email notifications so that you will not be notified by email when one of the listed actions is performed.
- Enable all email notifications will notify you each time one of the listed actions is performed.
- Enable all on-site notifications will notify you on the Senior Travel Buddies site that one of the listed actions has been performed.
- Disable all on-site notifications so that you will not be notified on the Senior Travel Buddies site that one of the listed actions has been performed.
To make changes to your personal login information, you must first re-enter your current password. Then you can change your password and/or email address.
You’ll see a list of those people you’ve friended on the Senior Travel Buddies website. You’ll also see a list of outstanding friend requests, both those you’ve sent and those that have been sent to you.
On the Photos tab, you can upload pictures from your travels. They can be gathered in albums for particular trips, or dates, or however best organizes them for you.
To add photos, click Create Album. The Create Album window opens where you can:
- Give the album a name.
- Designate who can view the album (Public, Site Members, Friends Only, Only Me).
- Give the album a description, one that will help you and others remember its contents.
- Upload photos:
- Just click Upload photos to album.
- Select where on your computer those photos are stored.
- Select the photos you want included in this album.
- Click Create Album and enjoy displaying the new photos on your member profile Photos tab.
Click a photo to Like it, Delete it, and/or to Add or Edit a caption for that particular photo.
Select the My Testimonials tab to display a list of the testimonials you’ve written. You can view, edit, or delete any or all of your testimonials.
Select the My Trip Requests tab to display a list of the testimonials you’ve written. You can view, edit, or delete any or all of your trip requests.